(Please note, this is sold as "body-only" and does not include a battery pack)
What are TRUMPF C250 Slitting Shears and why would I use them?
TRUMPF Slitting Shears let you cut a piece of metal in two or more pieces. The TRUMPF C250 cuts a narrow strip out of the metal so you end up with the two pieces, plus a long strip that it has cut out.
The TRUMPF C250 can cut metal that is up to 2.5mm thick
Slitting shears can be used on:
- Flat metal sheets
- Profiled sheets
- Checker plate
- Rice grain sheets
Do the TRUMPF C250 Slitting Shears come with a chip clipper?
A chip cutter simply lets you cut the waste metal off at a point along the metal you are cutting.
The C250 DOES have one of these.
This means you can finish a cut at any point you want.
Strengths of TRUMPF Slitting Shears
- Fast cutting speed.
- The material is not deformed during processing, meaning that you achieve the highest cutting quality.
- The unimpeded view of the cutting line means that you can work quickly and precisely, even in curves.
- A selection of different cutters and cutting blades is available for perfect cutting results
- Slitting shears do not need to be adjusted, meaning they are ready for use in the blink of an eye.
- They do not leave scratches on the sheet surface
TRUMPF 5 Year Warranty
TRUMPF offer a 5-year warranty on their TruTool products. Usually to activate this, the tool needs to be registered with TRUMPF.
Cladding Mate take care of this for you.
When you purchase a TRUMPF tool from Cladding Mate, it will come pre-registered so the 5-year warranty exists when the tool gets in your hands.
Why is it sold as body-only?
That said, we do appreciate however that many people out there already have multiple battery packs sat in tool bags that are waiting to be used. TRUMPF has recently joined the "Cordless Alliance System" which means you can fit any CAS battery into the TruTool C250.
TRUMPF "Try Before You Buy"
TRUMPF cordless power tools are quite an investment. They're quite a price difference when you compare them to mid-range power tools but we firmly believe they are worth the difference in investment.
Sometimes you just need to use one before you can see the difference.